Frigate 40 amp Mppt Availability

Kip McMillan

Question

9 answers to this question

On 3/20/2023 at 4:55 PM, Kip McMillan said:

Thank you sir. I've already put in a notification alert for when they arrive.  Also my St. Patrick day solar panels will be here Wednesday.  That's quick. Loving it.

@Kip McMillanThe Frigate 40A MPPT Charge Controllers are now in stock and ready to order. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:16 AM, Kip McMillan said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

One question for you. What is the max power wattage that I can put on it?. My four Newapower 200w panels might be too much.

image.png.a7d49d555462c984b3e5f1492a2f4a25.png

520W for 12V Systems, and 1040W for 24V Systems. For more information, here is the user manual and spec sheet.

User Manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rnNzutYnQDOzeoRselGSDIPvbNLbCnqO/view

Spec Sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pb6DTrTvonWh7_KFw8D1jVDIsvAAr6wF/view

5 hours ago, Kip McMillan said:

Thank you.  Putting 800w of Newapower panels.  Unfortunately not going to work. Thanks for the update.  

@Kip McMillanI just spoke with someone from our support team, and they said it is possible. You'll just need to wire 2 panels in series, and the other two panels in parallel. You'll then need a parallel y-connector to connect both positives and negatives together. This would then turn your system into a 24V system, allowing you to connect the Frigate 40A MPPT Charge Controller to your system. Here's a picture showing how it should look.How To Connect Solar Panels Together to Increase Power?

Yes I looked at that. With 800watts, that 66.6 available amps.  (In perfect conditions of course) I'll be leaving a lot of good amps on the table. Clipping is what they call it. 

I just placed an order for two more panels an hour ago. We won't be home from snowbirding untill May 1. I've got time to see what direction I may go. Also thinking about getting two frigates and running two panels on each.  Cheaper than buying one large 150/60 controller.  Thanks for checking for me sir. Great service. 👍