NOVEMBER 2023 FAQ

Domenic

I have a 100W Solar Panel but my 100Ah Battery is empty every morning. Do I just need to get another battery, or do I have to get more solar panels too? Any suggestions for solar energy usage in cold weather?

A single 12V 100Ah battery will need at least 200W 12V worth of solar panels to simply keep it maintained, and more if your battery is being used to power anything from it’s storage. Solar panels will be only provide wattage roughly 3-5 hours per day. The amount of input power you receive also depends on available sunlight, obstructions, and weather. If you have another source of charging your batteries during the winter as a backup, this is ideal. In the winter, solar panels can produce power, but this will be limited due to weather conditions.

What are the advantages & disadvantages of our 200W Pro & Standard Solar Panels?

Both Pro & Standard 200W 12V Solar Panels utilize 9BB solar cells for improved efficiency and reduced power loss. But, aside from color and dimensions being different, these panels have other contrasts such as:

PRO Series 200W

• Black Frame & Backplates – aesthetically pleasing compared to aluminum panels
  • Ridged Frame – Allows for improved grip when moving or installing
  • Higher efficiency level of 21.5%

Standard 200W

• Rugged design with heavy duty anodized frame
  • Reduction in footprint compared to PRO Series 200W 12V

Can you bypass the load terminals on the New 30A PWM Charge Controller & connect batteries in parallel?

The short answer is no. This is due to the load connections being solely for connecting 12V LOADS only. This is not for batteries. It can be done without a load connection, just don’t connect a battery or inverter to that terminal.

•